Events INSIDER is the largest all-digital news magazine for the arts and tourism in New England. We were founded in the Boston Globe as a resident contractor, have been independent since 2015, and are now larger on social media than Boston Globe Events.
Here are our recommendations on classy, non-touristy travel, to feed your brain and adventures to live life to the fullest.
Sample Hotel / Resort Reviews
- • Hever Castle is the UK’s Best Garden, with Overnight Rooms and Mazes Too! (5 stars PLUS)
- • Get Lost in Comfort at the Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham (5 stars)
- • Secret Harbour Beach Resort Offers More Activities Than Any Other Resort on St. Thomas (5 stars)
- • Gallows Point Resort Perfectly Bridges Civilization and Nature (5 stars PLUS)
- • Herkimer Diamond KOA in NY is a Nation-Level Glamour and Education Campground (5 stars PLUS)
- • Casa Azul at Sapphire Beach Resort Takes Your Vacation to the Next Level of Luxury (5 stars)
- • Live Right On the Beach at the All-Inclusive Bolongo Bay Beach Resort in the USVI (4.5 stars)
Sample Restaurant Reviews
- • Eating at XO Bistro on St. Thomas Contains So Many Wow Moments of Taste and Style (5 stars)
- • Margaritaville Restaurant is the Best Restaurant on St. Thomas, USVI (5 stars PLUS)
- • Caribbean Fish Market in St. Thomas Features an Original and Broad Caribbean Menu (5 stars)
- • Miners’ Table Restaurant at Herkimer Diamond Mines Has a Creative, Unique Menu and Decor (5 stars)
- • Marmalade May Be Puerto Rico’s Best Restaurant (5 stars)
- • Skylon Tower Offers the Highest Dining View of Niagara Falls (5 stars)
- • Cafe Amici May Be the Best Restaurant in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas (5 stars)
• US Virgin Islands (23 articles), with scuba, swimming with sea lions, a pirate museums, resorts, restaurants, hiking, snorkeling, and boat tours. Includes St. Thomas and St. John, with suggested itinerary, and pro travel tips.
• United Kingdom (17 reviews), with castles, lodging, restaurants, historic re-enactments, gardens, theme parks, hedge mazes, theatre shows, woodland follies, and museums,
• Orlando (12 articles), with amusement parks, airboating, alligators, indoor skydiving, dinner theatre, swimming with dolphins, diving, kayaking, and restaurants,
• Puerto Rico (13 articles), with caving, ziplining, snorkeling, kayaking to glowing sea creatures, old forts, rainforest tours, and restaurants,
• Miami (8 articles), with parasailing, tubing, surfing, and a park where you touch lemurs, sloth, parrots, and kangaroos,
• Los Angeles (5 articles), with movie studio tours, learning to surf, and flyboarding, where at a marina they strap jets of water to your feet and you try to balance yourself on streams of water pushing you high into the air,
• Las Vegas (6 articles), with helicopter tours, casinos, attractions, and shows,
• Upstate New York (24 articles), with whitewater rafting, rock climbing, fun parks, ziplining and touching Niagara Falls, a diamond mine, historic homes, and The Star Trek Original Series Set Tour.
• New Hampshire (23 articles), Vermont (8 articles), and Connecticut (26 articles), including restaurants, resorts, mountains, and moose tours.
• New England (dozens of articles), our home base, including amusement parks, theatre shows, magic shows, festivals, historic re-enactments, circuses, whitewater rafting, and so much more.
Events INSIDER was incubated inside the Boston Globe as a resident contractor until 2015, and is now the most popular non-print events source in New England. We reach 50,000 social media followers, plus website visitors and our email newsletter. We find the gems of travel at home and around the world.
See more reviews at eventsinsider.com and contact us here.