It’s July 4th All Week in Massachusetts
07/02/18 by Johnny Monsarrat
You can find fireworks and parades all week in New England as different towns celebrate the holiday on different days. Everyone it seems wants to avoid competing with the big Boston event on Wednesday July 4th itself.
Starting off the season was Braintree, whose parade and festival started Saturday June 30. Although it was too hot to speak with many groups, we got two agreed to be interviewed! Thanks to BIG NAZO, based in Providence, which puts on a high-energy alien music and dance show that delights both kids and adults, and to Colim Cille Pipes & Drums, from Cape Cod, which performed pretending to look at the Events INSIDER mobile website.
- Sunday, July 1, Salisbury Beach on the North Shore hosts an Eagles tribute band and fireworks, with many other events this summer
- Monday, July 2, go to the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard out west on Route 2, for live music and fireworks starting at 5pm.
- Tuesday, July 3, find fireworks in Southeastern Mass at Sharon, Walpole, Needham, and Patriot Place in Foxboro!
- On July 4 itself of course you’ll be drawn to Boston, with the Boston Pops and giant fireworks display
- But on July 4th why not get away from the crowds and try celebrations in Plymouth, Canton, or Providence?
- The Brockton Fair runs all week often with fireworks
- Hampton Beach in southern New Hampshire holds regular fireworks event this summer
And there’s so much more. Google towns in your local area.